Leadership Network had an awesome free conference that was 100% online on 9.9.09 called “The Nines.” ?The entire set of 9 minute or less videos are available here.
Kevin Stratton sent me a link to this video of Perry Noble from New Spring Church in Anderson, SC. ?He has a lot of great things to say…all in less than 7 minutes!
Some great nuggets from the message I really connected with are:
- A movement of God cannot be planned, but it must be prepared for.
- We try to strategize what the Holy Spirit is going to do….we cannot dictate what God wants to do.
- Acts 1…leadership challenge.
- Are you dealing with a leadership challenge? ?Do you have the right people, in the right places, doing the right things? ?OR do you have a benevolence ministry going on because you are afraid to have a hard conversation with someone that can’t get a job done? ?(OUCH! emphasis mine)
- We as Christians are called to higher standards and if we want to prepare for a movement of God, we’ve got to have the right people in the right places…
- And then all of sudden things like Acts 2 CAN HAPPEN!
The question isn’t whether each person on our team should be ON our team. ?The question is WHAT PLACE on our team should that person be. ?As Jim Collins writes in his book Good to Great, each person needs to be on the bus, but maybe some people need to change seats! ?That is really one of the most difficult parts of my job, I think…having the discernment and wisdom to know which person needs to be in each seat on the bus. ?Also, there is that crazy little thing called a poor self-esteem that rears its ugly head and causes me to, as Perry Noble says, “have a benevolance ministry” because I am afraid to have a hard conversation. ?I mean, I just really want everyone to like me! ?And maybe if I don’t say anything, they will simply move to the right seat…maybe?…hopefully? ?Probably not, David.
Question: ?Are you the right person, in the right place, doing the right things on your team? ?Gut check time.
Here is the full ?YouTube video…enjoy!